Saturday, October 1, 2011

like heaven

It's in one of the busiest neighborhoods of New York City. Through a maze of construction barricades. In and out of open tunnels. And after many security check points, I am pushed out into this open area. It's almost too large to take in. The grass is perfectly mowed. The trees are all lined up, with each similar in size. It feels very controlled.

Until you see the waterfalls. The water first rolls through a metal comb and then pours freely into a pool so deep and peaceful. The pools are massive in size...each surrounded by metal with names in an elegant font. It's the combination of perfect nature and flawless design that makes it look so solid.

This place is peaceful, some call it sacred. It isn't until I raise my eyes and look up only to see massive buildings, that I remember I'm in New York. I haven't been here since December 2001. It makes me proud that an almost indescribable monument is now here forever. Seeing the heaven that was built on hell...

No comments:

Post a Comment