Friday, December 31, 2010

get a life


it was a sitcom with chris elliott. it can be interpreted as a nasty suggestion, but i'm thinking now it's a bit more definitive. i'd like to propose a new version of it: get a real life or get your own life. this may just be my knee jerk response to all of the reality tv that exists. don't get me wrong, i've been known to watch the complete season of big brother....maybe even all 12 seasons, but what's on now scares me.

actually, many of the shows are repulsive. some of the names alone are concerning:
16 and pregnant
19 kids and counting
30 seconds of fame
american's next top model
the biggest loser
bridal boot camp
but the sex is so good
dating in the dark
fake-a-date
for love or money
hair battle spectacular
hoarders
keeping up with the kardashians
nyc prep
the real housewives of....just about anywhere
and the worst of the worst
sarah palin's alaska

what i don't understand is the obsession people have watching other people live. is it wanting to be them? or not liking your life as much as the people on tv? i'd like to think maybe it's to appreciate your life more after watching one of these shows. 

wwcd: one doable resolution for me is not to waste my life watching someone else's life...and happy new year!

2 comments:

  1. hoo boy. I need to think about this one a bit before answering; because having worked in the field for the past 10 years, I have an opinion or two. Conflicting thoughts and feelings, and what it means, and the $$$ factor and all that.

    But I will say: This is why I LOVE OWN channel!!! Haven't turned it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and we need to talk BB.

    s.

    ReplyDelete