Tuesday, April 6, 2010

getting what you want

so i'm grappling with not getting something i wanted, thinking it was what i really wanted. but i'm still disappointed...actually a bit more like crushed. it was a change that seemed so right on so many levels - the timing, the challenge, the whole deal. well, at least to me, but now what? 

i pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again. it's a song from swing time - 1936 with fred astaire and ginger rogers. i grew up singing these words to get me through tough times and just found myself humming it. it's such a little positive visual that it can't help but put you in a good mood.

and after the good mood starts creeping in, i return to my normal self and think: everything happens for a reason and timing in life is everything. and my positive self resurfaces and wonder if just mean there's something better coming. if you don't rest on a few cliches, how do you get through these times otherwise? 

wwcd: just put on a happy face

1 comment:

  1. no shame in cheering up. it doesn't cheapen your disappointment, just takes the sting out. the next possibility is just that, another possibility. the roller coaster is part of the deal of having feelings and attachments to goals or ideas. the dips are yucky, the heights are grand. sorry about your taking the dip, glad you are still on the ride.

    ReplyDelete