Monday, February 27, 2012

Bucket List


Typically you associate a bucket list with someone who is dying, whether from cancer like Jack Nicholson's character in the movie of the same name, or 16 year old Alice who writes the blog Alice's Bucket List. Young or old, the common thread is that it's about completing a list of special or longed for experiences in a certain amount of time.

So what if the impetus is not a sad reason....but 4 years of college ? I only have 2.5 years before Zach leaves and it's not that I think there wont be time for trips and other experiences once he goes, but our time together will be different. My first thought about the next couple of years is what life lessons can I cram into his head? And then I thought it would be more meaningful for us to create a bucket list together. Somehow the bucket list also seems a little more fun right now.

2.5 years is a good amount of time to plan a road trip to California, learn how to play the piano, get a tattoo (that's mine, not Zach's), see Cold Play in concert, volunteer time with children, meet Paul McCartney, sky dive (that's Zach's, not mine), take the summer off and live at the beach, and more to be added.

Oh, and since one of the top items on the list is spending time in Italy, I'm renaming our bucket list...we now have un secchio elenco! What's on yours?

1 comment:

  1. awww! I love this post, I will hound you to do these with Zach. This brought such joy thinking of the two of you doing these things.

    s
    xxx

    ReplyDelete