Sunday, June 27, 2010

opportunity and gift

what if the life you know as it exists today is different tomorrow? radically, radically different. a death of a parent, spouse or child, a serious illness, unemployment, or a life-altering financial loss. stop - don't go to the grief. i don't want this to be a shoulda-woulda-coulda looking back process. i don't want this to take you to a place where you have to experience the possibility of that grief or experience real grief again.

i want to think about what we would do differently now. today and going forward. how can we take advantage of the gift of a day? it's truly a gift only if we choose to look at it that way. when i begin to dissect my life there have been many missed opportunities, but this is where i stop myself so i don't live in the past. don't beat myself up. i want to learn from it, but not relive the pain. 

there are 4 major areas of my life i pay close attention to: family, personal growth, friends and career. looking back, there have been major heartbreaks, setbacks and successes within each area. i can happily say now that there are more successes in my day-to-day. and each day presents a new set of opportunities and challenges that force me to grow. 

wwcd: start looking at the major areas - in the next post i'll tell you about mine

1 comment:

  1. From Aunt Judy:
    The age of the the person and where they live, is critical to their response.....this is how I feel as a seventy year old woman of the world....(little joke.).
    Living in Florida, amongst senior citizens of all ages, all with medical stories they love to share, and try to out do u on the pain, medicines, live in aids, daily treatments, either physical therapy, on and on.....the last thing u ever do is to ask, "how are you?".
    I always awaken with one thought, sunshine or rain, what a wonderful day this will be. I always look at the sunrise, and sunset every day...this to me is God painting his majestic, breathtaking paintings.....never the same...the bonus is a rainbow. As a painter, I marvel at the magnificent artist he or she is.....Don't necessarily believe in God, but am aware someone had a hand in creating the beauty on this planet.....soooooooooooo, I love my life, my family, my friends. I LOVE LIFE........I LIVE IN THE MOMENT.

    ReplyDelete