Tuesday, July 20, 2010

do i need an umbrella?

what a metaphor for life. aunt judy sent me a link to this weather site - do i need an umbrella? - and i started thinking how interesting it would be if instead of just answering "yes" or "no" the site told you what you needed instead of an umbrella. 

"no rain today, but ...
... start looking for another job, you're getting fired."
... don't answer your phone, your family is going to try and drive you crazy."
... when was the last time you sat down and read a good book?"

or 

"yes, bring your umbrella and...
... hire a babysitter and treat yourself to a spa day. you deserve it."
... visit an old friend."
... pick up some boxes - it's time to clean out your closets."


how easy would life be if every morning you could click on a website and it would suggest what you should do or think about today. it might just be a way to raise or pose an interesting idea or suggestion that you may have overlooked or it might actually have the ability to redirect the path you're on.

wwcd: looking for a web designer to launch www.whatdoineedtodotoday.com

1 comment:

  1. from aunt judy:
    The very first thing I do in the morning after retrieving the newspaper from the doorknob on my front door, is to immediately open the page with horoscopes. seven days a week, like clock work, before tea and juice, I read my horoscope. amazingly, my horoscope is right on the money.....I am a perfect Aries. love being an Aries.
    I love the idea of having a site, page, a someone, something guiding us anywhere, everywhere, somewhere. it could be "BIG BROTHER WATCHING" big something. of course...fortunately...we always have a choice. could I? Should I? would I?

    ReplyDelete