Thursday, July 15, 2010

everything you want and nothing you need

"you have everything you want and nothing you need." i heard someone say this to the person they were having lunch with. that was the statement that changed the direction of their conversation. it actually made me a bit sad thinking that this is true of many people. don't misunderstand, i think people are completely entitled to have things they want too, but what a concept - not having anything you need.

so it begged the question: what do i need? i need good health and want the people i love to have good health too. i need caring friends and i want to care about them. i need a job or volunteer project to keep my brain working and i want it to be meaningful. i need a roof and food, but i don't need or want all this stuff that has accumulated over the years in my house. it's just stuff.

and what i want is....a house in the bvis (on the beach!), tickets to a justin timberlake concert, flowers that don't die, the ability to wear high heels and not feel it the next day, and time.

wwcd: trying to keep the balance of what i need and want

2 comments:

  1. from aunt judy...
    Oh my....I want the very same "things:" - each and every one of them. I am blessed to have almost all of what u mentioned. If I were to prioritize - the good health for me and my family would be the first blessing. everthng else is what makes us all happy, happy people. some need more, others get along with a lot less. but dear Casper, we are on the same page completely. u can certainly add the beach to your fulfilled necessity-u always have mine which I will gladly share.

    some individuals require very little to make them happy.....others can never be happy regardless of what they have. we, are blessed...we have the power to make anything happen. some things will take a little bit longer, but being tenacious as we are, it will get done. so,
    here's to a wonderful, productive, satisfying day....and the next day and the next day.

    my favorite saying..........change is constant.....nothing is forever, forever is a lie......but I will love u until the day I die.......that is the only constant we have in our lives.....the love for one another. ....xoxoxoxox Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love reading your comments, and responding to them.....I'm ready for the next challenge....Judy

    ReplyDelete