Friday, July 16, 2010

a graduation of some sort

i had dinner last night with my guardian angel. you might remember me describing this person as the one who contacted me when i decided to change the way i was living. for the last 5.5 months, she has walked with me and talked with me, had me set goals, and gave me menu ideas. and i'm very lucky because there are a couple of more friends who have also been cheerleaders.

but tonight seemed like the end of something....and i don't really do endings well. i know our friendship is there and i know that if i need her to help me again - she'll be there. but all the goals we set to complete in 6 months have been accomplished and i feel as though i've graduated from something. as with all graduations, they can be met with mixed emotions. leaving the comfort of what you know and moving out into an unknown. well, i know this unknown...it's my life.

but honestly, it's not over. i've set some new goals...the rest of my summer goals. trying not to let this feel like the end of something. thx again, GA.

wwcd: i'm going to pay it forward and help a friend

2 comments:

  1. from aunt judy:
    For u, definitely not the end of something, but the beginning, and continuance of all the new goals u have set for yourself. Having a child is a major incentive for u and his contribution and input daily is a major motivation. Having an incredible son at your side, and his capacity to engage u in the "what if's and "why can't we", will keep a smile on your face, and certainly on the faces of your guardian angels.

    We all need to set new goals, and challenges all the time.....the satisfaction at the end is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just the beginning of your healthy, inspiring lifestyle! And your Guardian Angel is always there for you. GA

    ReplyDelete