Saturday, February 13, 2010

happy v day and m-s too

one of my favorite quotes is attributed to buddha. i'm not a big quote person. i enjoy a good funny quote every now and then. a good george burns usually will make my day. but the average quote does not usually touch me or make me feel emotional. years ago i heard one that resonated. its message is so positive and so visual that i'm reminded of it often.

over the years this quote has reminded me of certain people in my life. the positive ones, the happy ones, the ones who have made a difference in my life and in other people's lives. the quote describes how one person can make a difference in so many lives. how one person can have endless impact. how this one person can bring joy and no matter how many people they bring it to, their own joy will not diminish.

in june 08 someone i admire greatly attributed the quote to me. thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. happiness never decreases by being shared. having loved this quote for so long made this moment even more overwhelming. aside from being the best parent i can be, being a happy person and a positive influence in people's lives is what i think is most important.

wwcd: wishing you happiness with a little extra for you to share

2 comments:

  1. Happy V-Day to you, too! That quote suits you perfectly. What is m-s?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You told me a quote a few years ago...ok, so it's a little prosaic...but it has become one of my all-time favorites: "Nothing as inspiring as a deadline!" Beth

    ReplyDelete