Monday, February 8, 2010

pollyanna

i think i'm finally learning how to cut my losses. i'm stubborn, believe that it all things work out in the end, good triumphs evil, love conquers all. basically i'm a romantic at heart, but to a fault. it takes me a long time to realize when a relationship isn't healthy or when people are without good intentions. 

i've often thought i've either not been burned enough which i have or i'm emotionally stunted more of a possibility. a wishful thinker or pollyanna? too many times i've let things and people linger longer than is necessary or healthy for me. i really do want to believe in the good in people. is it being raised on fairy tales that warped my view?

was it thinking prince charming was destined to walk in the door? or a knight in shining armor was going to break into the castle? was i supposed to grow my hair long and hang it off the terrace? or would 7 little men wake me up? hmmmm, that's kind of interesting! all that being said, it's hard not to think fairy tales made an impact on my view of realistic or non-realistic relationships.

wwcd: figure it out earlier even if they're not dressed like a wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment