Wednesday, June 13, 2012

5 postcards


I read something this morning about different ways people can make themselves happy. Most of the suggestions were about doing something helpful, thoughtful and kind for someone else. As nice as it is doing something for yourself there's no question seeing another person happy makes you feel better.

One of my favorite ideas mentioned was sending 5 people postcards...just to let them know you're thinking about them. I loved this idea and put it on my to do list. All day I kept thinking about the eclectic collection of postcards I had in college (wishing I still had them), which reminded me of the postcard exhibit I saw last year at the Met (wishing I had bought a box then), and all of that had me wondering to whom I would mail these postcards...and when would I buy them?

The day went as they seem to these days...very quickly. Towards the end of the day I ran an errand for a friend and then came back to the office for a meeting. More of a meeting with a new friend. When we finished business, she said she had left me a little something with the reception desk and not to forgot to pick it up when I left for the day.

When the day finally ended, I stopped by to pick up the little something and to my complete surprise it was a box of 100 postcards...each card another beautiful pantone color. 100 postcards...and all I had been thinking about was 5. It is a gift that made me smile and it's definitely a gift that will keep on giving. I've already written my 5 postcards tonight and they'll be mailed tomorrow morning...and 5 more after that...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look up postcrossing.com. I've been doing it for more than a year and I've sent (and received) over 300 cards from around the world!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete