Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Words With Boyfriends


I've always liked having some sort of relationship with a boyfriend when they became an ex. There's only one ex-boyfriend that I haven't kept the friendship with since breaking up. I would, however, feel totally comfortable calling to say hi.  What I've recently found satisfying is transitioning exes to competitors in Words With Friends.

At any one time I have about 15 games going. Half and half women and men. Women are competitive with each other, but in gentle ways. One female friend of mine likes to have 2 games going simultaneously and that way usually each of us wins one. I have friends who when losing stop playing for a day or so in the hope of stopping the momentum. It's kind of like a rain delay in tennis. Sadly, I've had friends walk away from games entirely. Only women though. Men seem to fight harder. I think it's a psychological study that merits a little funding.

I'm wondering though if it wouldn't be better starting off a relationship playing WWF before the first date. I think how he or she plays this game would tell one a lot about character, humor, education and resilience in a short period of time. This might change the face of online dating. Taking it one step further, what if you chose "random player" in WWF and that person was a potential suitor?  If the games go well, then you meet for dinner.

PS Thanks lunch date for the title!

1 comment:

  1. cute. totally time consuming though... all those WWF games!

    ReplyDelete