Friday, November 6, 2009

let me tell you a story

it's pretty incredible what you can learn about your friends when you sit back and just listen to them talk. what people choose to reveal about themselves and when they choose to reveal it can be fascinating and can also bring you closer. this week has been incredibly busy at work, stressful at best, and i've welcomed the time i've spent listening and talking to friends.

let me preface by saying that all my friends are confident, funny, and smart...yet we all have internal struggles that surface. i've heard a friend tell me about being frustrated with her day-to-day life and not sure what direction to take, someone who demonstrated how being bi-polar affects his life, another who is grappling with issues of parenting a teenager, a recently divorced friend who is figuring out how he fits in now, and the oddest story about a friend being fooled by a facebook impersonator. each day has brought another story.

and sometimes i hear stories that make me feel good about what i'm doing. many friends have told me they secretly read this blog and look forward to it. others say it fulfills some voyeuristic tendencies they have. i explained that it's encouraging for me hear feedback. so to all of my friends, and you know who you are, please put yourself down as followers of the blog...or write a comment every now and then. it would mean a lot to me.

wwcd: whatever the topic, talk to a friend...or just listen to one

4 comments:

  1. i like your blog! i like talking to you and i like listening to you, but i don't like that there doesn't seem to be enough time to do either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blogs! I have been reading through them this morning and I cannot wipe the smile off my face. I have known you for 45 years and you never cease to amaze me. Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. J - thx for reading this...i wish there was more time too! xx
    T - thx for being such a supportive friend..xx

    ReplyDelete